11 audio and video sources can be played through the CXU:
- Disc playback
- HDMI input 1/MHL
- HDMI input 2
- Network connection
- S/P DIF audio input
- Optical audio input
- USB input 1
- USB input 2
- USB input 3
- ARC from TV (HDMI 1)
- ARC from TV (HDMI 2)
CXU also has a wired or wireless network connection. This means it can connect to your home network and play back audio, video or photo files from UPnP and DLNA servers and from NAS drives.
Separately configurable, twin HDMI outputs, send high quality video to multiple displays or 3D video to a display and separate HDMI audio to a non-3D AV receiver. An Audio Return Channel (ARC) is built in too, allowing the audio signal from a connected TV to be sent to the CXU – with no need for a separate audio output from the TV.
DARBEE Visual Presence
DARBEE Visual Presence technology can be adjusted for any digital content. DARBEE Visual Presence technology can be adjusted for any digital content. Processing is adjustable, allowing you to customise the visual enhancement to suit your needs. And for ultimate flexibility, you can set your preferred DARBEE mode individually for each of the different video inputs.
Easy to use
An intuitive on-screen colour display and simple, user-friendly controls, plus an easy to use backlit remote, mean all of CXU’s features are easy to use, even in the dark. The remote control for the CXU will also control the matching Cambridge Audio AVR or hi-fi amplifier.
Make the most of the Wolfson DACs and audio upsampling on-board, by connecting the multichannel analogue audio outputs to the multichannel inputs of the perfectly matched CXR200 AV Receiver, for the highest quality digital to analogue conversion and 24-bit/192kHz audio upsampling.
Digital volume control
The CXU can be connected directly to a power amplifier or active speakers for a simple and highly versatile system, with no worries about volume control. Whether using digital or analogue outputs, you can control volume (even on 7.1 and 2.0) set ups direct from the CXU remote.
- Disc types:Blu-ray (BD) including BD-3D, DVD, DVD-A, AVCHD, SACD, CD, HDCD, Kodak Picture CD, CD-R/RW, DVD+-R/RW, DVD+-R DL, BD-R/RE
- Video outputs:2 x HDMI 1.4a with ARC
- Audio outputs:7.1 multichannel analogue RCA/Phono output, 1 x S/PDIF, 1 x TOSLINK, Dedicated 2 channel stereo analogue RCA/Phono output
- HDMI inputs:2 x 1.4a (one with MHL compatibility via the front panel)
- Audio inputs:1 x S/PDIF, 1 x TOSLINK
- D/A converters:5 x Wolfson WM8740 24-bit/192kHz DACs
- Decoder:Mediatek MTK8580
- Audio Up-SamplerAnalog Devices DSP running Anagram Technologies (TM) Q5 up-sampling to 24 bit/192kHz (All 10 channels)
- Video processor:DARBEE Visual Presence (on primary output)
- External storage:3 x USB 2.0
- Network:Ethernet: 100BASE-T, Wi-fi: 802.11 b/g/n via supplied dongle. 2.4GHz
- Maximum power consumption:35W
- Standby power consumption: <0.5W
- Dimensions (H x W x D)82 x 430 x 312mm (3.2 x 16.9 x 12.3’’) with feet
- Weight:5.0kg (11.0lbs)